Applications are invited for appointment as Resident Tutor in Chi Sun College, Jockey Club Student Village III. The appointments will be from July 1, 2017 for a period of 1 year in the first instance.
Chi Sun College is a student residence at The University of Hong Kong with a balanced population between undergraduates and postgraduates. It is also culturally diverse with a large ratio of non-local students. Founded in 2012, the College represents the latest commitment from the University to transform and revitalize residential education. Chi Sun bears a clear mission to nurture a community of freely enquiring minds, and tasks itself in providing the most suitable environment for such.
For more details, please refer to www.chisuncollege.hku.hk
Resident Tutor: Applicants should be full-time members of the University’s teaching or non-teaching staff; or full-time postgraduate students. The appointment carries an honorarium of 10% of the level 2 responsibility allowance, which is at present HK$630 per month. The appointee will additionally be provided with free lodging in a furnished room, and with free high-table and special function dinners.
Successful applicants should be mature, friendly, understanding, intelligent and have a good sense of humor. Applicants should also possess the following qualities:
- extensive experience in organizing and supervising student learning activities;
- genuine interest to build a stimulating environment conducive to students’ intellectual, personal, social and cultural development;
- ability to motivate and lead students to engage in dynamic exchange with the community though services and other forms of engagement;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, fluency in English is a must;
- capability to facilitate intellectual and cultural exchange among students and between students and staff; and
- ability to a promote balanced lifestyle among students in the College
The appointee will assist the Master, Deputy Master and Senior Tutor in the design and execution of educational activities in the College. The appointee will also be responsible for the discipline, general morale and welfare of members of the College; serve on a duty roster in the evenings whenever required; get to know the residents; conduct informal group discussions with students from time to time and give them general advice individually or collectively.
Those interested in the post may contact Ms Rainbow Wong, Senior Resident Tutor, at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.